Monday, September 29, 2008

Time Warner Cable Got on My Last Nerve



I wrote out my check for $167 to Time Warner Cable yesterday. That is the bundle with TV, Internet and phone. No premium channels. I'm too cheap, and Time Warner charges too much anyway.

I was just rolling with the flow and paying Time Warner Cable. There really aren't options around here. There's Dish, but I've seen that and what a mess. As far as phone and internet, it's nice to have it bundled though that was a pretty good deal to start with and has gone up, up, up.

The reason I'm hopping mad at Time Warner Cable is because they changed the menu screen to blue with white letters. There is a reason most content is black on white. That is so you can actually read it. The new color scheme is just pretty as pie, but I can't read it. Well, I can if I get up out of the Lazy Boy chair and stand about a foot in front of the TV.

No. My vision is not perfect. It's 20/40. I can still drive legally without glasses. And I can see the TV just fine and could read the menu until someone got the idea to pretty that up and put white letters on a blue background.

Now I have to get up and stand in front of the TV to see what is playing. I seldom watch TV. When I do, I want to relax and not stand there with the remote trying to read the screen which was fine the way it was but not fine the way it is now.

I did call Time Warner Cable. They are "sorry [I] I feel that way." Hey. I don't feel I can't see the menu. I flat can't see, and that's a fact and not a feeling. I feel they need to fix it, and I feel they charge too much. And, I'm sorry they don't care that I can't read the menu now that they made it blue with white letters.

Maybe I should mail them a mad mail with red letters on black paper and see how they like that. I feel they would not like that one bit, but I'm not sorry they would feel that way about it.

No comments: